Monday, July 20, 2009

Week One

Hey,

So I guess I have a lot to say to you ya? I've had quite the interesting week that's for sure. It's been crazy and we seen choke people since I got here. I'm going to use some hawaiin lingo in this e-mail ya? So you'll have to get used to it. Choke means: a lot, you say ya a lot like when ending sentences or asking questions.. and then I'll use dakine later which is: when you've already talked about something and it is in reference you can call it the dakine..

So my first area is the Kaneohe 2nd Area which is in the Kaneohe Zone, it's absolutely goreous over here I absolutely love it. My companion is Elder Jones, he is a good Elder and will be dying (going home) in six weeks so next transfer. I think they are preparing me to take over in Kaneohe 2nd for a while so I'll probably get a more experience companion next time but I'll be the one who knows the area ya. President Peterson is awesome I don't know what he said in the e-mail or if he just sent you the picture ya? Don't believe what he says good or bad. Everyone in the ward thinks I've been out longer than a few days or including the MTC a month, they said that they think I'll be a fantastic missionary and they are excited to have me here. Ya dakine is great though, the members are fantastic and Jones is a great trainer and father (that is how you call your posterity here) and I have a brother and a couple nephews as well. It's awesome.

Our zone is workin on becoming a zion zone and I'm the newest missionary here... There's two sisters in the Zone so we are blessed extremely in that area. Sister's are always a blessing to have in your zone ya? I love it. Today being p-day we went on a hike up to some pillbox's (old military hideouts) and that was fun it was a zone activity we as a zone try to get together every p-day in the morning and it is great.

So I'll tell you about the missionary work here in Kaneohe, our area isn't doing so hot but we're here to turn that around. We've got like 4 investigators ya. Malia, Darryl, Linda, and Preston. We've met with all of them since I've been here and they are great and we have quite a few potentials that we are going to try and see later on this week. We are hoping to have Malia and Linda baptized by the end of this transfer and hopefully Preston too if we can get through to him... Malia and Linda have both been investigating for quite some time but haven't been crazy about some of the missionaries that have taught them. We have an awesome lesson planned for Malia. It's called the Eternal Box it's basically a present we are going to give to her and inside it will have papers that say: Holy Ghost, Family Forever, Eternal Life, Peace, Happiness, Hope, Direction, and Security. Hoping it will get through to her and touch her heart and let her know that we want to give her all of those things but we need her to sacrifice as well. It should be a powerful lesson if all goes as planned. Linda is married to a Less Active named Warren Kam and when we taught them we showed them the Together Forever video and stressed the importance of families in the Gospel. We think it is her time too, we think we are the missionaries they need to be baptized hopefully. Darryl is great and could be baptized but he is on parole for four years he lives the Gospel almost perfectly minus Word of Wisdom so maybe if he lives perfectly he might be baptized earlier, and Preston we as a companionship are in the early stages with him and hope to get him progressing well over the next little bit. anyway. this is a long e-mail hopefully I answered all your questions. Look forward to hearing back from you in a week. Love you.

Elder LaPray

No comments:

Post a Comment