Sunday, August 9, 2009

Letter

Hey,

So I guess I'm starting on week three in Hawaii.... crazy business. Transfers are in exactly one month and my companion Elder Jones will be pau hana (done with the work).... It is amazing how quicly time flies I have been out on my mission for over a month now. I guess I will report on the teaching/food/ living situation.

Well, first and foremost I know that I told you about the lesson with Malia, she bailed on our appointment and then we set another one up and she bailed on that one I guess her sister has cancer so hopefully we'll get it done sometime. The box/present is just sitting at our pad right now collecting dust... We do have a couple new investigators and we have about 13 lessons planned this week so far, we found a family the Gayer family which consists of Erin and Mike and they have a 2 and 1/2 year old and a 1 and a 1/2 year old. They seem like they have a lot of potential and this wednesday we have a dinner and lesson with them at their home I hope it goes well I am excited about them. We live sort of at a members house they have three apartment type things in the back and we live in one of them it is just a small studio thing with a little bathroom and a little kitchen with a microwave no oven.... sad. It's nice though and the mission doesn't have to pay for it the members let us live there for free and they've given us all sorts of food and stuff. The members here are so so so giving to the missionaries we are spoiled rotten. They take us out to dinner sometimes or deliver dinner to our pad they spend like 40 bucks sometimes. One family got us 2 pizzas from pizza hut and order of breadsticks a dessert pizza a 2 liter soda and hot wings... It's crazy. So it's safe to say that you do not have to worry about me starving, I just have to watch how much I eat, I haven't put on too much weight a couple pounds is all I put on more weight at the MTC a bunch of gross fatty stuff. So yeah most of the missionaries in our mission live with members one way or another especially in Hawaii real estate is SOO expensive, it's just expensive to house missionaries in real apartments they charge an arm and a leg.

About packages.... .... I know you get like good deals and stuff but FedEx and UPS don't forward and we have to have stuff sent to the Mission Home so it has to come through the USPS from now on, bummer I know. But the package is here I just won't get it for a bit hopefully it isn't perishable? Honolulu is about an hour away from here and we don't have a car so we can't go pick it up... oh yeah we are on bikes and on foot the mission has quite a few bikes to provide so we won't need to buy one. And the talk None Were With Him by Holland is my absolute favorite talk by any General Authority ever. I've read it like 20 or 25 times, I think it is fantastic. Anyway. Love you, hope everything is going good.

Love,
Elder LaPray

No comments:

Post a Comment