Monday, September 21, 2009

Aug. 24

Sorry, I am a bit behind on posting these.

Hey,

     Yes. This week is transfer week, obviously my companion is leaving me to go back home. I am staying in the Kane'ohe 2nd area for at least another 6 weeks, I will find out who my companion is on Wednesday at Transfer Meeting but as for right now all I know is I will be staying here with a new companion. Which means I will be the senior area companion, not the senior companion but I will know the area better obviously, but not very well being here only 6 weeks. I am pretty sure I don't know the area well at all, but I guess throwing me into the fire helps....

     A mission is hard work, really hard work. I had no idea it was this hard, but it will be a good experience. I've gotten a lot more tan on my face and arms obviously everywhere else will get continually more and more white. It'll be great. We have some good stuff going on right now we are continuing to work with Linda Kam in preparing her for baptism we don't have a date yet because we don't know exactly when Warren her husband can become a Priest so we are waiting on that. But she is ready for baptism this time once she quits smoking which will be easy. We are doing an FHE with them tonight and sharing Elder Hollands talk "None Were With Him", it will be good rather than just sharing the missionary lessons. We have refreshed her on all of them and she knows everything she needs to know in order for baptism. We are also working with Robert Weathington, big haole guy from Texas I think I talked about him last e-mail. He didn't come to church yesterday though he said he would, but we are going to stop by him tomorrow. We have taught him about 5 or 6 times and he always enjoys it.

  Sad story, this lady, Marissa who lives a ways down from us. We tracted into her like close to the beginning of the transfer and she was talking about how she and her husband were looking for a religion for their young family. Her father used to be LDS but has since become Jehovah's Witness, so he technically still is LDS but doesn't agree with it. We got a call from her last week and she said that she really wanted to meet with us and study with us but she just need to talk to her husband (who is studying J-dubs with her father) and make sure it was okay. Come to find out he doesn't like the idea at ALL, he said he feels betrayed by her, even though he doesn't like studying with J-dubs he is just afraid to offend her dad. It's a tought situation but we are going to try stopping by still to talk to Jessie her husband and find out if we can persuade him in anyway. But yeah. the work is moving forward we just have to keep pressing on.  Love you guys.

Love,

       Elder LaPray

No comments:

Post a Comment